Hawaii Kai Luxury Homes For Sale in Portlock
Portlock is a beautiful coastal neighborhood in Southeast Honolulu, Hawai'i. Situated on the island of O’ahu, Portlock features incredible luxury homes for sale in Hawaii Kai, anchored in picturesque tropical climate. Plan for stunning ocean views, premier beach accesses to calm, reef protected waters that make this a perfect environment for watersports and activities for the whole family. Homeowners have a variety of activities, exciting ventures, and things to do in Hawaii Kai.
Though this is a relatively small community of only 120 homes, Portlock musters a great amount of attention thanks to its gorgeous location and ocean views, with 40 of the homes being located along the beach. Convenience to Metro Honolulu, nearby Koko Head Hike, and easy access to ocean and marina activities is what what makes Hawaii Kai one of the Top 5 Lifestyle Communities in Hawaii with Portlock being our favorite micro-neighborhood in the region. Whether you're an ocean adventurer or someone who simply enjoys relaxing by the sea, you will love living in this Southeastern neighborhood in O'ahu.
Unlike neighborhoods like Kahala, homebuyers in Portlock more so emphasize their environment and the luxuriousness of their surroundings. Future homebuyers interested in watersports like surfing, windsurfing, and bodysurfing, along with activities like snorkeling and kayaking will love calling Portlock home. Living in proximity to beaches and the Hawaii Kai Marina allow residents to live in paradise all year round, as those living along the Portlock oceanfront are not subject to harsh trade winds and can enjoy consistently calm waters.
- Lot sizes in Portlock are large and flat which promotes usable yard spaces and walk/bike friendly streets, unlike some of the nearby hillside communities like Mariners Ridge and Napali Haweo. Plan for lots between 13,000 - 25,000 with a few lots creeping into the the 30,000 and 40,000sq range.
- The interiors of houses in Portlock feature varying floor plans that average between 3000-5000sq with some of the more expansive estates stretching into the 7000-8000sq range.
- Portlock home prices will span from $2,000,000 fixer uppers to sprawling $11,000,000 luxury beach home estates. The average house in Portlock is going to land between $3-5M though.
- Many homes will feature incredible views of Diamond Head, crystal blue ocean, and gorgeous mountains. Views will be limited for most of the interior, single level homes and the price will reflect this.
- Garages. Believe it or not they're not standard in this multi-million dollar neighborhood. Most will have, but if not, you'll see open carports at minimum.
- The beach. We've been careful to reference Portlock as "oceanfront homes" vs. "beachfront homes" and this is because sandy beach fluctuates with the tides and only about a third of the owners can claim they have a Beachfront Home in Portlock. Instead, you'll find that most of the waterfont homes will see a seawall separating their lot from the ocean.
Buyers seeking a home here can find the option to purchase a fully-furnished home. If you are interested in buying a home for sale in Portlock, Hawai'i Kai or need guidance in exploring similar neighborhoods like Triangle & Anchorage please contact us today.