Hoopili Homes For Sale
Ho'opili is a 20 year master planned community that broke ground in 2016 on 1,500 acres of rezoned agricultural land in the Ewa Plains. Developer DR Horton Hawaii plans to build 11,750 new Ewa Beach homes, 9 parks, 2,000,000sq of commericial retail, shopping, dining spaces, 5 community recreation centers & pools, over 200 acres of urban farms & gardens, walking paths, and schools. We've represented over 70 buyers at the Ho'opili development since 2017 so if you have questions about the neighborhood, we're going to be hard to stump! Contact us.
The developer has placed the sense of "Community" at the heart of the Hoopili project and we'll see that brought to life through the construction of ample outdoor and active living spaces, access to seven recreation centers with pools, playgrounds, as well as future planned restaurant, retail, and grocery stores. The Ho'opili development will eventually become one of Hawaii's most self sustainable and family friendly neighborhoods in the offering an unmatched lifestyle of ease and convenience.
Fortunately, developer D.R. Horton Hawaii understands the integral role that Hawaii's natural element plays in our every day lives and they to it. Although we're still seeing Ho'opili in it's infancy, we will inevitably see the the community come alive as the Ho'opili Master Plan matures. Plan for numerous parks, playgrounds, swimming pools, community centers, pavilions, as well as future planned grocery stores, dining, and entertainment within the neighborhood.
This is an active community and why wouldn't it be; Ewa Region provides more sunny days than almost every other region on island. Wide sidewalks and ample green spaces provide miles of bike and jogging paths for the family and pets.
Above you'll see the Hoopili Park named "Konane," which serves as the first park and playground area in the neighboorhood. Featuring various jungle gym equipment and a vast amount of green space for dogs and kids to play. Mark your calendar and join Hoopili Yoga at The Park every Thursday from 5:30-6:30! Picnic tables and water fountains provide ample seating area for a weekend picnic with the family under the sunny Ewa sky! But don't worry, the pavilion area provides a large amount of shaded area for covered gatherings.
The nearby community garden will be a thing of beauty and residents are encouraged to participate in the effort. Five brand new schools are in the plans, as well as further development of dining, retail, and entertainment spaces that will permit owners a convenient and stimulated lifestyle in a community that has long been pinned as Oahu's "Second City." A master association fee of $59 will persist for all homes in the Ho'opili development
The Ho'opili site was once home to 1,500 acres of agricultural land and to memorialize it, the community promotes one of the most cultural and environmentally innovative features in planting fruit and "food" trees throughout the neighborhood. Take a spin through Konane Park and you'll find Ulu(breadfruit) and Avocado trees planted around the park that are already bearing fruit. Cool, right?
Reach out to us anytime you would like to learn more or simply read below for everything you need to know about buying in the neighborhood:
- Ho'opili provides the largest variety of Oahu new homes for sale, with options for a variety of household sizes
- Buyers interested in Hoopili have the option of purchasing a brand new Hawaii home from through the Developer Sales OR purchasing a Resale home(previousely owned) from a private seller. We'll discuss both options further down.
- Homes at Ho'opili are offered under various phase names i.e. Ikena, Ho'oulu, or Kohina. Each phase offers a certain number of home "releases" in 1-3 month frequencies, each offering a 7-20 homes for sale in each release. Just because a particular phase sells out doesn't mean that home style won't be offered again, you will likely see a similar version offered at a later date but under a different phase name.
- From the time you reserve and contract on a home, plan for about 4-5 months of wait time until construction is complete. There will be limited opportunities to visit the home-site during the construction process, as well as your Walk Through appointment by which you'll visit the home a week or two before closing.
The Ewa and Kapolei real estate markets have been burgeoning with new development over the last decade but no neighborhood has provided this level of home variety to date. Below are the various styles of living within the community and each style typically offers many floor plans with slight variations, both with and without garage options:
- Mid-rise condo building with single level residences. (Nahele now selling)
- 2-3 story townhomes & Lofts (Kohina, Kaikea, Ilima, Hinahina, Haloa resales)
- Live/Work FLEX Homes that allow for operation of various business types. (Akoko, Kohina resales)
- Plantation Style Single Family Homes with carports (Ho'oulu resales)
- Split Level Single Family Condos with Carports. Small maintenance fee (Mamaka sold out)
- Single & Split Level Single Family Ho'opili Homes with limited ADU* options (Lehua, Liko, Aulu resales, Ikena & Kanalani now selling)
- Luxury Homes (Olena, The Bluffs at Ikena, The Bluffs at Nanaina developer now selling )
*ADU's or "Accessory Dwelling Units" are a unique and highly desirable home option as it provides a separate living space attached the Ho'opili home. These units have kitchenettes and appeal to families who may have extended family wishing to live on property or, it could be used as a rental unit, allowing the homeowner to offset their mortgage costs.
Who isn't excited about a brand new home in Hawaii? Hoopili is one of four master planned developments offering Hawaii new homes on Oah Ho'opili is currently offering brand new developer homes in the Nahele, Kanalani, Ikena, and The Bluffs styled residences. Homes in phased increments; usually every 1-3 months depending on construction timelines and delays. Both home types are offered on a First Come, First Serve basis and it is not uncommon to see them sell out in a matter of days.
If you're serious about securing a home at Ho'opili please reach out to us right away by subscribing on the Interest List below for newsletter announcements on New Home Releases and/or calling Koa at 808.777.0588 after doing so. My team has represented over 70 buyers in the neigborhood and we would be thrilled to help you prepare for homeownership as well.
Ikena is Ho'opili's traditional Single Family Home phase offer 3-4 bedroom floor plans between 1,200 - 1,800sq+, and 2-car garages. Prices between $940,000 - $1,100,000+View Community
5-story building featuring 1-3 condos accessed by elevator. Layouts of 566-1,225sq.View Community
Do you have a Buyer's Agent?
If you're not currently working with a real estate agent and want help connecting the dots to homeownership you may contact Koa Cassady | 808.777.0588 | [email protected] at anytime to schedule a call or consultation.Although you do not have to have a real estate agent to purchase at Ho'opili, there is no advantage to you NOT having one. Remember that the Developer's Sales Team represents the developer (seller) and we as Buyer's Agents represent you.
As much as we love Ho'opili, we do not care what or where you purchase, all we care is that you may well informed decisions. Having a Buyer's Agent insures you receive unbiased perspectives on your home options, the Pros & Cons of each neighborhood, and careful interpretation of the Purchase Contract, Condo Docs, and your Contractual Timelines.
Register Here to Receive Alerts on NEW Ho'opili Sales Releases
As the Ho'opili master plan enters it's 7th year of development, we're now starting to see some of the original owners reselling their homes. This feature offers prospective buyers a wider variety of Ho'opili home types as well as the flexibility to purchase a home at anytime vs. waiting for each developer release, in 1-3 increments. See below for the Ho'opili resale homes; many of which are only lightly lived and still exhibit close to brand-new condition.
Obtaining a prequalification letter is the best first step to securing a home at Ho'opili; you cannot apply for a home without one. When you're ready to start the prequalification process and need a Lender recommendation(s) don't hesitate to reach out to us. You may use any loan officer you like however, the developer provides a sizable Closing Cost Credit incentive to buyers who finance their Ho'opili home through their affiliated lending company, DHI Mortgage. Incentives range from $6,000 - $12,000 depending on home types and various promos.
Using your Hawaii VA Loan
If you're planning to PCS to Hawaii and hope to use your Hawaii BAH towards a new home purchase at Ho'opili, you're in luck. Ho'opili has received VA approval for their project and will allow you to use your VA benefit to a home purchase in the neighborhood. Ho'opili and the surrounding Ewa Beach region proves to be a top pick for those opting against Hawaii military housing and provides close proximity to Schofield Barracks and Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam.
Location is by the far the greatest natural amenity to Ho'opili home owners as you have access to all of your everyday needs within a 5 mile radius. The neighborhood is situated in Ewa Beach, right on the border of Kapolei and just north of the newly built Ka Makana Ali'i Mall and White Plains surfing beach. Enjoy a variety of opportunities for entertainment, dining, shopping, and beach activities; all within a bike ride's away. Ho'opili owners will have premier access to to three rail stations providing an alternative means of commuting to Honolulu Airport and on to Metro-Honolulu, Kakaako, and Ala Moana for work and play!
How far is Ho'opili from...
- Ka Makana Alii Mall | 2.7mi | Shopping, Theaters, Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, SURA Korean BBQ, 24HR Fitness & MUCH more.
- KROC Center | 1.3mi | School, Church, Fitness Center, Pool, Cafe, by membership.
- White Plains Beach | 6.4mi | Closest beach to H'opili, Board Rentals, BBQ Pavilions, & more
- Costco, Target, Home Depot | 4.6mi
- Golf Courses | Hoakalei, Ewa Villages, Hawaii Prince, & Coral Creek Golf Courses all within a 5mi radius
- Honolulu Airport | 14.8mi | Roughly 20 minutes without traffic, however, Ho'opili residents will have an on-site rail station providing direct access to the airport, allowing you to leave the car at home as you get away!
- Ko Olina Resort | 10.5mi | Marriott, Disney's Aulani Resort, Paradise Cove Luau, Atlantis Resort(coming soon), Four Season Resort, & numerous public beach and dining opportunities
- Schofield Barracks & Fort Shafter | 18.7mi
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor & Hickam AFB | 14.8mi
Are you moving to Hawaii or new to the area? Let's get you oriented with the neighborhood first. Check out our Guide to Ewa Beach Real Estate & Living Above
Keep a pulse on your home equity in the shifting market with our Free Ho'opili Home Value Estimator.
Home is where the HART is...
That old cliche was always meant to be taken figuratively but when referencing Ho'opili; it's literally speaking! There are very few houses for sale in Ewa Beach within walking distance to the Honolulu Rail and although it's been a controversial topic, Hoopili homeowners will at least get to take full advantage of every one of the $10 Billion that was spent to build it! This will be the only neighborhood on Oahu to feature 3 of the 21 Honolulu Authority Rapid Transportation(HART) stations spanning a 20-mile long corridor that ends at Ala Moana Center. The Ho'opili stations and the estimated ride time to Ala Moana Center is as follows:
- Kualaka'i (East Kapolei) | 42 min.
- Keone'ae (UHWest Oahu) | 40 min.
- Honouliuli (Ho'opili) | 36 min.
If you have visited the Ho'opili neighborhood in the last year or two then you have undoubtedly seen the HART construction, as the elevated rail track threads the western border of the neighborhood on Kualakai Parkway. Not only does Ho'opili have the most HART Stations, they will see the first completed station, rumored to open as early Q1 2023. This is extremely exciting news for those who live in the region as Kapolei & Ewa is subjected to some pretty frustrating rush hour commutes at times. The Ho'opili rail stations will provide a welcomed alternative means of transportation to key destinations like Pearl Harbor, Aloha Stadium, Downtown Honolulu, Kakaako, Ala Moana, and more.
Take a peek at the artist renderings below as they provide a conceptual idea of what urban Ho'opili may look when the neighborhood fully matures over the next 20 years. The wide, pedestrian and bike friendly side walks coupled with the premier proximity to rail stations provide a more "accessible" community; something the City of Honolulu has been very intentional about as of late through Transit-Oriented Development planning.