If you're unfamiliar with the our island home, you may be wondering "what island is Wahiawa on?" It's right at the heart of O’ahu. Wahiawa is situated in the “central valley” between two mountains. About 20,000 people live in the 2.4 square miles that this small town accumulates. Wahiawa homeowners love the space in which they live because it is in proximity to several centers, beaches, and adventures.
Residents of Wahiawa are in proximity to the surfing hub that is North Shore. While the ocean is not immediately next to the town, Wahiawa has something unique to the island of O’ahu, and that is Lake Wilson. Lake Wilson, also known as Kaukonahua, is prominent on three sides of the town making bridges to access Wahiawa necessary, and providing waterfront homes and lake activities to those that it surrounds.
Future homebuyers with children can enroll them in a variety of schools that offer top-notch education by excellent teachers. Kaala and Samuel K Solomon Elementary Schools, Wahiawa Middle School, and Leilehua High School are each admitting students from Wahiawa. A private school, Hawaii Matsuritaiko is a premier school that is highly recommended by parents of attending kids.
Prospective homebuyers interested in buying a home for sale in Wahiawa have access to single-family homes and townhomes. Floor plans with three bedrooms and more than 2,000 square feet are available with one and two-story models. Living in Wahiawa is perfect for those who want to be surrounded by beauty while still being close to restaurants, shopping, parks, and the Wahiawa Botanical Garden. If you are interested in buying a home for sale in Wahiawa, Hawaii, please contact us today.
Wahiawa Zip Code: 96786
Elementary: Iliahi, Ka'ala, Hale Kula, Solomon Elementary School
Middle: Wheeler, Wahiawa Middle School
High: Leilehua High School
See ALL the Homes and Condos for Sale in Wahiawa
See Homes and Condos for Sale in Wahiawa on a Map
Stay up to date on the Wahiawa market
- Wahiawa homes for sale are typically between the low $500,000 to low $700,000 so most homes will conform to the Oahu VA Loan Limit.
- Wahiawa real estate is comprised of primarily single family homes, although there are few condo and townhome projects.
- Plan to see mostly older, plantation style homes featuring post and pier foundations and single wall construction.
- Garages will be a luxury, covered parking options will be provided by carports.
- If you're considering using your Hawaii BAH to purchase a home in Wahiawa, Be sure to seek counsel from your Hawaii VA Loan specialist or Hawaii VA Realtor as it pertains to financing homes in the area. The Wahiawa neighborhood has no associations, which most find to be a good thing, but it does lay cause for more un-permitted structures in the area that may conflict with VA financing.
See Wahiawa Rentals
Move right in to this renovated 2 bedroom! A new Kitchen with hardwood cabinets and quartz countertops along with new paint, and light fixtures are a few of the features...
PERMITS ALMOST APPROVED!!!! 5 Months to build after approval! Brand New Home Turnkey! 3 Bdrm, 2.5 bath! 1,615 Sq. Ft. $50 Association Fee! ! 2 Car Garage! Across from Wa...
Excellent value for your own commercial space in a well-know medical building. 1,280 square feet of commercial space that has potential of separate spaces for your own u...